Those were the days when we had pets at home and I wasn't afraid of our pets but I definitely had afraid to go to other homes who had pets. That was a time as a child that I was friendly only with our own pets. For decades now we don't have any pets but the fear for others is still there when I visit my sisters and nieces home who have pets(dog).This is only my personal pov.
Now when it comes to the street dogs, we understand their situation but not every human being is animal friendly or rather they have fear of the dogs be it the children, elderly people or anyone for that matter.
Point of views , suggestions, discussions or arguments on the social media platforms would no way solve the issue...
There will definitely be some decision and resolution on the part of betterment for all.Hoping for the good of human beings and the animals be it the dogs, cows , bulls thàt move out freely.And a safer environment for all.
With all due love I would definitely like to say one thing here that I am not a dog hater. Haters will never feed the stray dogs but I have fed them.
One or rather a few instances that I would like to share her is on my recent visit to Shirdi, my first visit that was. We see dogs moving around here and there in the street of the Sai dham.And not to forget that Sai Baba in his book Sai Satcharitra has mentioned of feeding animals and dogs.He says if we are feeding and animal or any living creatures it would mean that we have offered him.
Wherever I went there was a dog by my side and my neice said Sainath is testing you, you fear for dogs and hence they are seen by your side.
I would say that was quite true.
Coming to my experiences, I visited my neices' who had a pet named Nabab, a rottweiler that he was quite huge and to my utter frightness he passed on by my side and I was shaken. Unfortunately he passed away earlier this year and he has been replaced by anothernamed Badal, a cute small one but growing fast.He just made my grand nephew run after him.And I am sure to maintain a distance again for the same reason.
Then I visited my sister's home and they have a pet a beagle called Milo. Though cute and active ,I always maintained a distance and when let loose I was into a room all to myself. My habit of playing is no longer continued because we stopped having pets when I was in college.Therefore the interaction diminished.While during college days my friends too had dogs and I was comfortable then as long as they were at a distance.
On the recent order of Supreme Court regarding stray dogs and the accidents caused by them. There need to be some decision regarding the stray animals that has created a fear amongst children, the elderly and people at large to move out of home.
The social media platforms has nothing but formulated a sense of being dogs lovers and to those who are looking forward to a safer environment are being considered as dog haters. No body can be a hater for any living beings. That's just the mindset of people that cannot be changed.
I would rather say that not everyone is animal friendly, there are some who might love them and hug them and treat them without fear.There are others who might love them and their very presence but due to a sense of frightness they cannot be close with them.
Due to these human tendencies acceptance and reluctance occurs.
Some abandon dogs, some rescue dogs, some adopt them and those who don't get a home lay stray on the streets. However, not everyone is a pet lover so they cannot adopt. When I say not pet lover means either they have various reasons behind that, one of the first reason is out of fear, secondly it requires a lot of care to keep a pet and not everyone can. Whatever might be the reason ultimately the fact is that there got to be innumerable stray dogs and animals which needs to be settled in some way..either home shelter for them, or those who fortunately adopt them and care and having said all these there need to be proper sterilization and vaccination. ⁸
But the unfortunate attack of animals towards human beings is a matter of concern and should be complied with some policies and decisions by the Center and the States. Because the incidents are not confined to any single place for ex. Delhi but other States of the country.
Let's hope for a better and safer environment for all.
And lastly I should say that I am not a dog hater.

No comments:
Post a Comment