Well, the international left handers day came into existence when in 1976 Dean R.Campbell founded and celebrate on this day i.e. 13th August. Then onwards it is been celebrated every year as International Left-Handers Day.
The general concept that goes by the fact that human beings are right handers and only a certain percentage of them are left handers and the fact that about only 10-15% of the human population is left handed. Exact percentage may vary that lies in the facts and figures and a total research.Lets not get into that.
Just for the day being celebrated, lets wave our hands and celebrate the existence of those who are left handers. And its not just that, such people are supposed to be creative, good at sports and different in their ability to use their left hand.
Some people are totally right handed as their dominant trait using their right hand for all task
Some are totally left handed using their left hand for all purpose.
Some are mixed like they use different hand for different task.
And yet there are the Ambidexterity , those who are able to use both their hands equally well quite uncommon though. Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein were ambidextrous as per report says
I have read somewhere that the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput used both hands to write at the same time.
In India we have many sports personality like Sachin Tendulkar who write in his left hand but was a right hand batsman Saurav Ganguly batted left hand, so also Yuvraj Singh is both a left hand batsman and a bowler. Sunil Gavaskar, a right hand batsman had once used his left hand tactic to counter a spinner in a match in the early 1980s.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, former Chief Minister of Odisha Sri Naveen Patnaik also left handers.
Famous personalities like Amitabh Bachchan,Ratan Tata too left handers.Though Superstar Amitabh Bachchan is seen writing in right hand but his other tasks as seen in movies are all left handers.
It is said that being left hander is hereditary. One obvious reason is that Actor Abhishek Bachchan is also a left hander who writes and eats left hand.
Though reasons not quite known but it could also be developed in the process depending on ones ability. Thats how I feel. And the fact that google says Saurav Ganguly being a right handed became a left hand batsman so that he can use his brother's sports equipments.
Now coming to my interest in this special way of using both the hands. And being able to use one's left hand even being a right handed person seem quite interesting and challenging too!
I used to see students in schools writing on their left hand , I used to wonder how could one use the left hand and then gradually got to learn their trait of being lefty.
As a fan of Amitabh Bachchan the superstar. His left hand use many have had an influence on many in the way of using the left hand but it has definitely influenced me.
As for me it was my father first who had told me that whenever he felt bored in a class he use to write in his left hand and he was very good at it. An Ambidextrous I should say. So that struck my mind though I didnt write in my left hand but whenever I attempted to write something I could do it. So I learnt to use both hand for different task at different times. And when someone asked me what happened to your right hand, I just said "nothing".
Having celebrated the day as an International Left Handers Day that contributes only a few percentage of the population. Who are actually by birth being left handers. They are actually creative and special and famous in their own field.



No comments:
Post a Comment