Ya kundendu tushara haara dhavala, ya shubhra vastravrita
Ya veena vara danda mandithakara, ya shwetha padmaasana
Ya brahmachyuthaha shankara prabrithibhi devai, sada poojitha
Samaam paatu saraswathi bhagavathi, nihshesha Jaddyapaha
या कुन्देन्दुतुषारहारधवला या शुभ्रवस्त्रावृता, या वीणावरदण्डमण्डितकरा या श्वेतपद्मासना, या ब्रह्माच्युत शंकरप्रभृतिभिर्देवैः सदा वन्दिता, सा मां पातु सरस्वती भगवती निःशेषजाड्यापहा.
Saraswati Puja that falls on the Basant Panchami day is widely celebrated in various parts across India like Odisha ,Bengal not only that those who are staying abroad and in various parts of India also celebrate this day. Maa Saraswati is associated with learning, music and art.
Being an auspicious day people start their new work, get married or start anything new on this day.
Devotees wear yellow clothes, people celebrate it at home with decoration and with all rituals.
As I go back in retrospect to the childhood days. We used to celebrate at home. The night before my brother and we sisters would decorate the area where the deity would be placed. My father used to perform the puja and we would sit and help him and then listen to the slokas that he read and then offer puspanjali, prasad.
Since I studied in the convent school,so I never went to my school that day but my brother and sisters would go to school and college. I used to accompany my sister to her school wearing a new dress. That was the custom that on Saraswati puja and Ganesh puja we used to wear new dresses.We place books and reading materials,pens, pencils near the Saraswati statue or picture and worship the goddess.
Wearing a new dress,sometimes my elder sister would stitch designer dresses for us.And she was so good at it I bet she would have been one best fashion designer had she pursued such a career.
It was almost a customary to wear new clothes that day.Even while I was in my Masters in Delhi University,somehow I got a yellow coloured salwar suit piece. I managed to give it to the tailor who used to stitch dresses for our hostelites. Saraswati puja day came and my suit wasnt prepared.I rushed to the tailor to stitch and give me soon. In the process of climbing upstair a couple of times I slipped a few steps and hurt my back. That was a bad day for me. I somehow managed to wear the dress and offered my prayers at the pandal but the next day onwards had a pretty bad time for I couldnt attend my classes, went to the physiotherapist nearby medical and with some pills gradually got better. But the pain did occur from time to time.This was the second year that is MA final.And I also missed my farewell party. Nevertheless, some memories does remain.
In the first year MA previous, me and my friends attended the puja that was decorated and prepared by the seniors.
This is one of several occasions where one is taken back to those memories that stays forever especially while as a student.
Here also I take this opportunity to thank my friends who were supportive to me during those days of my injury and then to those who cared to give me the notes seniors as well as classmates.
No comments:
Post a Comment