As I went down to see off my nephew today . He went and I was about to close the gate. I saw three little boys sitting on the other side back from a tuition nearby. I gave a quiet glance with a smile. One of them stood there to ask me in odia " tume scientist nai" meaning you are a scientist right? I said what made you say so, he said you look like one. I asked him which class he was and his school. He said he is in seventh and will be in eighth this year at a school quite near our house.
The word "scientist" struck me again be it or not my hair style made him think so as he replied to my sister who asked him " you said so looking at her hair right " and he nods a "yes".
While all these years I have had a people's image as Indira Gandhi. I always took it as a big compliment.
And today I also take it as a compliment from this little boy considering me to be a scientist. May be a look alike.
No comments:
Post a Comment