I think it’s a “YES” for most of us. From my experience I would like to share some extracts here, it has so happened that in search of one’s life with career and other settlements of life, we tend to leave behind our days of joy and our friendship. It is quite annoying though! But it is true. And time comes when we go back to the world full of joy, excitement and fun with less of responsibility; except for studies! The time is now to get back my old friends and I succeeded in getting back many if not all. I give full credit to the social network sites like Facebook, Orkut, Linkedin and not to forget Batchmates.com. I was amazed when I got back my friends who I left behind 25 years back and we have not been in touch for so many years… This new age of science and information technology has made things possible for people to reach every nook and corner of this world even while sitting at one place. One fine day I was searching for one of my classmate and friend who I studied with from std III to std VIII, I searched in www.batchmates.com where we can find details according to school/college/university/work etc. But I couldn’t,so I just gave the name in the message board perhaps and the following day I got a message surprisingly from another guy giving me the cell number of my friend Raj(name changed). I called up immediately to check and yes, I found my friend at last. Its surprising indeed and happiness too that we are able to make it possible over this so called virtual world. Interestingly, I have another one to share with you all here……I studied at one of the St.Joseph’s School for just one year, since my dad was in a job that was transferable in that one year which is now about 26 years back…I left behind few friends I made.The change in schools gave me the opportunity to come across and make new friends.This is also a very recent one, I searched for a friend this time a girl….and to my good luck I got her name along with contact numbers. I sent across an sms to her asking if it was “Swaym(name changed) and good God it was her only ..she replied back “yes”….thanks to www.pipl.com. Not to forget mentioning Facebook.com, this along with the old friends has given many new friends as well. On one hand it can be good going, refreshing old memories when we are connecting to them and only when each one recognizes the other while on the other hand it may so happen that in search of getting connected to old buddies on the retrospect may not recognize????
I have been safe so far!
Good Luck for me.
Lest I forget them than search them! HUH!!
No matter where we are, no matter where we go we can still care to stay in touch, dear friends……. Good Wishes!
Going on from old buddies to the much new network of friends through the years in college, at work, meeting people on the train and making some over the internet not even knowing them but they become quite good friends!!.
Social media has opened up a platform of friends and people with common interests becoming friends and well then you follow people and people follow you. The more number of followers the more one is reached. So. that counts the presence of the person in the social media and the impact that he or she makes on other people the reason they been followers. Thats the positive aspect when the good things makes an impact. These days the most commonly used social medias are Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and also WhatsApp that has a direct telephone connection medium app where the one on one connectivity continues so as to form a group. The choice is individual's and their priority.
Facebook is an open platform which also has a messaging system. The followers in facebook has an option whether to follow someone or not. Friend request from known is readily accepted while those from unknown not considered a good choice of action.But sometime the unknown friend becomes a very good friend.
Well, so far from the beginning of the age of social network and getting started off with their uses. The usage of technology is ever expanding and its developing day by day. Over the years the usage of social medias like facebook, twitter, instagram has increased. And instant messaging systems like whatsapp has almost taken over the sms and the messanger. Social media platforms has been the mode of reaching people and communicating through pictures, posts and comments. Being an open platform the users are likely to get interacted on a wider spectrum. Users are able to portray their talents across these platforms in the form of music, arts, crafts, paintings.
While I write this blog, my focus is around friends old and new who have been able to make it to these social media platforms and instant messaging thereby staying in touch with one another and exchanging messages, showcasing one another talents in the form of music, paintings, art and craft, poems, cooking,writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment